What would you like you children to know about you?
So to Baba what do I want you to know about me…
1) I love you there is nothing to say on this matter really. I thought I knew what love was I was so incredibly wrong, when you came along I loved you like I had never loved anyone before. Even more than your Daddy. I would do anything for you, I would lay my life down for you, happily just to save you. The love I have for you is unconditional, it is painful, heartbreaking and makes feel every emotion 1000x heavier than I have ever felt them before. I can never express to you in words how much I love you.
2) I am spoilt and I still throw a strop if I don’t get my own way. I try to curb it so that you don’t see it, but I like my own way. I am your mother so you know what I will have my own way. Please don’t try to change it, I will get grumpy.
3) I have been on an 18-30’s holiday. I have been away with the girls, so don’t try to lie to me about what you get up to when you are older! I know…
4) I would always rather know the truth than be lied to. The truth we can sort out, the lies we can’t. I don’t care how bad you think it is, I would still rather know, you know the bit in the first one, the unconditional love. Yeah that, I want the truth.
5) I hate being ignored when I speak to you. Your father does it all the time, do not develop this habit, if you want me to scream and shout this is the way forward I promise you. Even if it is just a grunt just acknowledge that you heard it OK!
Note’s From Home, is holding a great Friday Carnival this week, five things you want your children to know about you. This is the first time that I have participated in this, but thought that it was a fantastic post idea. I first saw Metal Mummy’s post on this, and then found out about the carnival. Please go and look at all the other posts!